Parents' Association "Step by Step" is a non-governmental and non-profit association whose main objective is to promote value of the community focused on children. Such society perceives children as its most valuable treasure and creates a priority for their welfare, development and education. Moreover, the restoration of the value of parenting is considered as a possibility for balancing work and care for children while doing everything in our might to start appreciating parenting and make it easier.
Association's activities include promotion of children's rights as well as rights of their families to honorable life; cooperation with preschool, school and other institutions which take care of children and families; joint efforts of Association's members before authorities, institutions and local communities; organization of seminars and public lectures; distribution; cooperation with domestic and foreign organizations and encouraging donations and sponsorships.
Main objective and activities of the Association:
- Encouragement of the educational politics which provides equal opportunities and approach to free compulsory education for all children;
- Encouragement of the volunteer participation of parents in matters of great importance for their children;
- Encouragement of the use of methodology focused on children in nurseries and schools in order to provide better learning environment where children like to learn and continually question their knowledge, adopting democratic attitudes, values and behavior.
- Working with adults, especially parents, teachers and educators with the aim of promoting interculturalism, multiculturalism, inclusion, child assault prevention, prevention of different kinds of addictions, setting up standards in practical work which will lead to better living conditions of children and adults;
- Encouragement of partner relations between children and adults in order to achieve their rights; encouragement of socially responsible business sector with the aim of fulfilling the needs of children and their parents;
- Cooperation with government institution and other associations in promoting the value of community focused on children.
Annual report 2010.: